Author Topic: Coping Pro setup file  (Read 3042 times)

harrimansr

Coping Pro setup file
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
I just purchased and downloaded Avast Pro, 10 licenses, and WHS versions. Was able to copy WHS version to my server, however I can not copy the Pro version to a flash drive or a CD to install on my other computers.  I can install it on the machine I downloaded it to. Please help.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Coping Pro setup file
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »
What does it mean "cannot copy"?

harrimansr

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
When I attempt to copy the file, Avast Pro, to my flash drive I get an error message that says can't find the file path. When I attempt to copy it to a CD I receive a message that there are 2 parts to the file and some may be lost if I continue. Not exact words to both messages, however very close. Thank you for the quick reply.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »
avast! installer, as downloadable e.g. from here, is just an ordinary file... I don't see any reason why it should be impossible to copy to a removable media. ???

harrimansr

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
Thank you for your replies. I re downloaded the the Pro setup file. Must have had a bad download as this new file was able to be copied to my flash drive. However when I copied it to a CD I received a warning that said "the file has extra information attached to it that might be lost if I continue to copy it. The contents of the file will not be affected." I did continue to copy. Will it work properly? Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:22 AM »
When you download something from the Internet using IE, it stores some additional information in the associated NTFS stream (provided your disk is formatted to NTFS). It is not really important there - it's just to remember the Internet Zone (or what's the name) where it came from so that Windows can pop-up a warning when you start such a file.

So, my guess is that the burning software is just saying that it's unable to copy the associated NTFS stream... I'd simply ignore it, it's not important.