Author Topic: No Providers Running  (Read 2122 times)

azigma

No Providers Running
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »
The blue ball has a white circle with a red bar through it, and when I try to start any of the services I get a message "The operation Could Not be Completed"
I disabled AVG anti virus prior to using Avast, and have restarted the computer with no change, I have no other anti virus program.
Win XP pro

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No Providers Running
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
Disabling isn't enough, having two resident scanners installed is not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.

If avast detects the presense of another 'resident' AV it may disable some of its elements to avoid a conflict that could lock up your system.

You have to choose which resident scanner to have installed, if you feel the need for a backup scanner choose one that is on-demand only or use one of the many on-line scanners.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Darth AkSarBen

Re: No Providers Running
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:47:20 AM »
I agree, disabling AGV just won't do.  Have records of your installations code of AVG if you need, but simply uninstall it from the Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs.  This will clear out the mess. Don't worry about settings when it prompts, so remove settings and anything in the vault.  (former AVG user)