Author Topic: Vista Sp1 Change log  (Read 7788 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: Vista Sp1 Change log
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
where are you guys finding the download for SP!? I cant find it anywhere everything says mid march

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16968  ;)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »
Got it installed and network performance is back in line with My other Machines on the network.

Vista was about 5-6MB/sec on a 100Mb network
Vista SP1 is getting 9.95-9.99MB/sec on the same 100Mb network (files being copied from a older Machine Running Mac OS 10.4.11 that I use as a file server)

Not much difference on speed but I guess thats due to the older Hardware (P4HT based system) have to load it on My Mac Mini to see if having a true Dual Core system makes a difference

"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »
Hey Mac !

Yes it feels a bit sluggish immediatly after install but give it a few days and it'll be back to it's responsivness. Quote from MS:

The Windows Vista SP1 install process clears the user-specific data that is used by Windows to optimize performance, which may make the system feel less responsive immediately after install. As the customer uses their SP1 PC, the system will be retrained over the course of a few hours or days and will return to the previous level of responsiveness.

BTW how long did it take to complete the install on your p4 system ? It was done in just under 30 minutes on my machine ...

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
Hey Mac !

Yes it feels a bit sluggish immediatly after install but give it a few days and it'll be back to it's responsivness. Quote from MS:

The Windows Vista SP1 install process clears the user-specific data that is used by Windows to optimize performance, which may make the system feel less responsive immediately after install. As the customer uses their SP1 PC, the system will be retrained over the course of a few hours or days and will return to the previous level of responsiveness.

BTW how long did it take to complete the install on your p4 system ? It was done in just under 30 minutes on my machine ...

Around 35 minutes for my system
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay