Author Topic: Win32:Dialer [Trj] need some help people  (Read 4757 times)

Damian

Win32:Dialer [Trj] need some help people
« on: March 15, 2004, 07:15:13 PM »
Hi all my brother was on the computer and as soon as he turned it on a virus alert message poped up saying that he has got a Win32:Dialer [Trj] and because he is only 12 and doesnt know anything about computers he didnt know wot to do so he just turned the computer off :). Then a minute leater he turned it back on and said it was OK. Because he is not a admin.(Windows XP) he couldnt get rid of it and didnt take a screen shot. I have a broadband connection with an external modem(which is in my set top box from my valbe TV coz I got NTL internet). Many people told me that they have these dialers but I fought that they cant affect me. Is this true and could someone tell me how to get rid of it coz I cant seem to find it.Also I am getting Norton Internet Security 2004 tomorow and I hope this could help me from getting rid of it, is that true? And I am using Avast4 home edition to scan my pc but it cant seem to find it. But I will do a reboot scna and hope that it can find it. Whocares can you help me m8?:D

Summoner Yuna

Re:Win32:Dialer [Trj] need some help people
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 09:27:11 PM »
norton internet security contains EWWWW Norton antivirus.
what you really need is to download spybot and adaware and remove the dialer with that

Damian

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 11:08:53 AM »
Ok thx for that but could you tell me where I could download this and I think I had a folder called adaware on my PC in the C:\Program Files folder but then someone told me that this is some spying program and that people can look into my computer so I got rid of it. And one more thing. After my brother told me that I had that virus I look for it in the Avast virus database and I found many version of it which means that Avast can get rid of it. Then I did a boot Scan and found nothing so I think I am safe. And could someone tell me if this virus affects my PC if I got broadband and no dialup? ???

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:54:51 PM »
ad-aware can be found here http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Damian

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
Ok thx for that but you didnt answer my question fully. Can this virus still affect my PC if I got broadband?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 04:01:01 PM »
A virus can infect ANY pc, no matter how and/or if you are connected to the net. Virusses can also be on floppies, cd's, dvd's etc

Summoner Yuna

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 04:42:19 PM »
Yes, although they rarely travel by those means anymore. Today the main way to spread is by e-mail