Author Topic: Mozilla 1.6 Error - aswCmnB.dll  (Read 2986 times)

deriamis

Mozilla 1.6 Error - aswCmnB.dll
« on: March 16, 2004, 03:11:45 AM »
I installed Avast! (and by the way, I love it), but I am having a problem. After I installed the program and restarted my computer, I get the following error message every time I try to start Mozilla:

The procedure entry point ?log@CLog@@QAAKHKGPADQAEKZZ could not be located in the dynamic link library aswCmnB.dll

From what I can tell, this is not a new error message. I have looked for other locations of the dll's as described in another post, but I find none. However, when I look in the program folder, I notice that the DLL version (along with other files) are not version 4.1.357 as they should be, but version 4.1.344. I installed a clean version of the program, and I did one automatic update. Now the updater tells me my version is current.

I can use IE (though I hate it) but not Mozilla. Any ideas on how to fix this?

-=-=-=-=-

As an update, I managed to get the problem worked around (temporarily, I hope) by disabling the ScriptBlocker and restarting the Avast! service. There seems to be an adverse interaction between Avast! and one of Mozilla's startup scripts - and the problem seems to be with Avast because the error appears on access to the associated DLL.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 03:27:46 AM by deriamis »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Mozilla 1.6 Error - aswCmnB.dll
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 09:59:17 AM »
If you search your hard drive for aswCmnB.dll - do you find any other occurences of aswCmnB.dll (except for the one in the avast! installation directory, of course)?

deriamis

Re:Mozilla 1.6 Error - aswCmnB.dll
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 02:07:57 PM »
No, I do not. Just the ones in the program folder.