Author Topic: Automatically Update didn't work February Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th , 2008  (Read 2508 times)

MiguelAngelXP

Hi everyone :

As the title says Avast! didn't performed automatically the daily update as usual after I connected to Internet with my dial-up connection. Instead of that I had to perform a manual update, it worked fine. But the automatically mode didn't work. I miss the sexy Spaniard accent (Spanish version) voice of the woman that informs me about the update  :(

By the way I'm eagerly waiting for the next release, I indeed like the antivirus

May your servers got slow  ???. Just guessing... ???

Thanks in advance
MiguelAngelXP

CharleyO

Please check this setting ...

Right click the "a" ball in the tray > click on "Program Settings" > in the opening window, click on "Update[Connections] in the left pane > make sure the first box is check marked on the right side and if it is not, click the first box to check it > click on OK.

Does this help your problem?

MiguelAngelXP

Please check this setting ...

Right click the "a" ball in the tray > click on "Program Settings" > in the opening window, click on "Update[Connections] in the left pane > make sure the first box is check marked on the right side and if it is not, click the first box to check it > click on OK.

Does this help your problem?

Hi Charley :

To try to solve the issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled the connection , the I tried to update automatically and all seems to point at the fact that my dial-up connection was slow this weekend, ahhh and the settings are customized to a dial-up Connection, its already check marked the option "I connect to Internet using a modem (dial-up connection) roughly translated from the Spanish Version, so for my case its working good. I indeed had to update the databases manually. I appreciate your post. So if you are one of the moderators you can simply delete my topic, if the problem continues I'll post a new topic. But as far I can see is my connection.

Thanks
MiguelAngelXP

MiguelAngelXP

To any moderator

SOLVED Today 11th , Avast! performed an automatic update. So this issue is resolved, and this topic may be deleted

Thanks in advance  :)
Regards
MiguelAngelXP  ;D