Author Topic: ProSearching--!!!!!  (Read 3581 times)

pissedoff

ProSearching--!!!!!
« on: March 16, 2004, 04:49:05 AM »
I too got this prosearching crap attached to my computer.  I am lucky enough to have friends in the business and I brought my computer to them.  They were able to remove everything (including that damn toolbar at the top).  However I did hear them say that it is easily avoided in the future with a firewall.  I myself have bought an external firewall and now those bastards will never again invade my computer.  I would suggest that anyone who has been invaded by this monster to take your harddrive to a local computer store (not best buy or a retail but a true computer store).  It cost me $30.00 to have it wiped out of my hard drive forever!!!
As far as your home page--when you log onto the internet go to tools, internet options and check your homepage.  If it is not correct, type in the correct address.  Now make sure to delete cookies and history, now hit apply.  This should help, I know it did for me.
I have also asked my internet provider if I can file charges against this company and they told me yes.  If anyone finds out who this is please inform me as I will press charges!!
Hope me information was of some help to someone who was as pissed off as I was to discover this stuff on my computer.

avenger

Re:ProSearching--!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 01:35:53 PM »
I took the gamble and saved their uninstaller at http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe  - I ran it and the prosearching toolbar is gone - the problem seems solved...Good Luck.  And go sue the bastards!

Cody21

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 06:46:48 AM »
Go to prosearch.com Help topic "Uninstall Prosearch" ;D

chipper134

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 11:37:08 AM »
If yoou can find out who these asses are please let me know I would like to see them suffer a little in the courts myself after spending 10 hours trying to rid my computer of them (unsucessfully) .  I don't know where I picked it up from either.