Author Topic: Licence count troubles with SBS  (Read 6722 times)

aforlani

Licence count troubles with SBS
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
A costumer (CustomerNumber=8369958) which I'm consultant for, has bought SBS+13 licence but only 3 computer seem to be licenced (the other PC are marked with a key in the computer catalog).

Please note that 4 computers are not in the SBS domain (because they are XP Home).
The other PCs are XP Pro (except the SBS server, which is Windows 2003) and included in the SBS domain.
The total number of PC in the computer catalog is 12 (include the SBS server).

If I remove a PC from the ADNM catalog and then reinsert it in the catalog, the PC just reinserted seem to be licenced and a previously licenced PC become not licenced.

Can you give me any help?
Thank you.
  Alex :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:08:14 PM by aforlani »

av-outsource

Re: Licence count troubles with SBS
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:43:17 AM »
Hi did you buy a SBS Standard Suite or SBS Server Edition? It looks to me like you bought the server cals but no avast pro/net clients.

James

aforlani

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »
Hi did you buy a SBS Standard Suite or SBS Server Edition? It looks to me like you bought the server cals but no avast pro/net clients.

James

avast! 4 SBS Edition Standard, 3 years (#198474) 13 Units

Is it ok?
Thank you,

av-outsource

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »
I thought so.

No it isn't you haven't purchased any workstation cover that is why the machines have keys on them. You have purchased only the number of calls to protect the server and didn't add any avast professionals while ordering.

How long have you had the license? if you bought from avast [share-it] you need to contact sales@avast.com

If you bought from a reseller like us you need to contact them and see if they can change the order.

av-outsource

aforlani

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:54 PM »
I thought so.

No it isn't you haven't purchased any workstation cover that is why the machines have keys on them. You have purchased only the number of calls to protect the server and didn't add any avast professionals while ordering.

How long have you had the license? if you bought from avast [share-it] you need to contact sales@avast.com

If you bought from a reseller like us you need to contact them and see if they can change the order.

av-outsource

After checking licence.dat it seams that you are right.
I found 2 certificates:
1) Feature=AV_SBS, LicenseCount=13
2) Feature=AV_NETC, LicenseCount=1
It seams that the license is for 13 server SBS and only 1 netclient.

Have I understood right the license file?
Thank you,

av-outsource

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »
Yes thats correct you bought only the server cals no clients.