Author Topic: Infected! But what is it?  (Read 4688 times)

CecilieD

Infected! But what is it?
« on: March 16, 2004, 11:41:18 AM »
Avast tells me I have one file infected with a win32: trojan gen. Housecall tells me I have two different files infected with worm_agobot.uz. And I have already two files in the chest that are apparently trojan gen too. How come none of the programs give me the same answers? And how do I get rid of it all. Tried to follow Housecalls guidelines for repairing the files since avast won't do the job, but it does not work.

Another thing...when scanning with avast this came up:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG... file could not be scanned!
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat... file could not be scanned!
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat... file could not be scanned!
C:\Documents and Settings\Cecilie Dybbroe\Lokale indstillinger\Temp\trzD6.tmp... file could not be scanned!

According to housecall some of these files are infected.

HEEEELP! Please.

Cecilie

whocares

Re:Infected! But what is it?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 12:09:14 PM »
Tried to follow Housecalls guidelines for repairing the files since avast won't do the job, but it does not work.

Hi,

why not ? what didn't work exactly ?
also read your earlier post & answers, please ;)

CecilieD

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 01:03:21 PM »
Housecall tells me to end some processes in task mng and then delete some specific files in regedit. But the processes are not there and neither are the files. But the worms are still there.

I have read the reply to my other post, but can I safely just delete any files containing virus or worms??? I did that accidentally with another file and I'm reminded every time I open my pc.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 01:05:18 PM »
From your list, the first 7 files are certainly not infected.
The last one (trzD6.tmp) is probably a temporary file that avast! left in the temporary folder for some reason. It may really be virus body, but it's not dangerous (since it isn't active). You can simply delete it.