Author Topic: Connection terminated?  (Read 2104 times)

sanctuary24

Connection terminated?
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:43:47 PM »
I manually ran avast update and now it is on a screen (window) telling me that connection terminated, retrying but nothings happening and closing it would corrupt avast or something, what should I do?

ps there was an error in my log saying couldnt scan spywareterminater setup file, could this error be because I cancelled the download or is it a fault with my version of Avast?

when I started downloading the spyware terminator setup file the download box stated unknown time for download, could it be that when I cancelled the download web shield was scanning it and due to the file not being finished it logged an error?

here is the error AAVM - scanning error: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: avfilesScanReal of http://dnl.spywareterminator.com/ dnl /config/68/SpywareTerminator_Setup.exe failed, 00000026. 

NOTE: I have put spaces before and after the /dnl/ part of the filename
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:29:18 AM by sanctuary24 »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Connection terminated?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:58:26 AM »
Don't know the specifics of the error report at all, but I'd say it was generated because the download was canceled, as you've surmised. There probably isn't anything wrong with your Avast.
Run a disk cleanup, checking "temp files" and Temp. internet files" to clean; any other files to clean are at your discretion. Or you could use the rather well thought of Ccleaner to do this...a bit more comprehensive than the built in disk cleanup utility.

Re the other problem, if no luck reconnecting, just run a repair install of Avast via "add/remove programs" and try again. I've had this issue very occasionally and the repair install solved it for me.

Should you wish to download SpywareTerminator again, it's an 8.53Mb download, if you download from the ST homepage it should give you an estimated time,can depend on the browser you use, if not you can work it out roughly based on download speed.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

sanctuary24

Re: Connection terminated?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »
I shall keep an eye on it and report back if anything seems wrong, thanks for your help