Author Topic: Version History of Avast Server Edition?  (Read 4646 times)

spica

Version History of Avast Server Edition?
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:25 PM »
I've noticed a few updates to Avast Server Edition and I always like to check the version history to see what's been updated so I can be prepared for any potential issues!! However the version history for the Server Edition hasn't been updated since May 2007 - am I missing something? Can you please ensure this gets updated too, the Professional Edition is always updated as expected...

Many thanks!

av-outsource

Re: Version History of Avast Server Edition?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »
I`m not sure what you are saying is correct although i maybe wrong.  :D

The last release of ADNM (avast distributed network manager) was released May 2007. However Server Edition and Net Server have been updates regularly.

The ADNM manual explains how to update the program version, if your using the stand alone version it can be done from the gui.

See www.avast.com right side menu for latest versions.

Regards

av-outsource

spica

Re: Version History of Avast Server Edition?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »
Yes, there have been updates to the program since May last year, we're currently running the Dec2007 build 859. What I'm saying is that the webpage that lists the version history (latest program changes) is out of date - this is the link http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-4-server-revision-history.html

According to this page, we don't know what changes have been made to the product since May 2007, so I'm always relunctant to move to the latest program build because I cannot see what changes have been made...

Thanks