Author Topic: scan archives disabled?  (Read 2234 times)

techdunceoy101

scan archives disabled?
« on: February 16, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
Hello, and thanks for your time. Ive just started using Avast, and like to do a thorough scan, but when i scan I see scan archive disabled. My question is, does this mean Im not scanning files with the Archive attrib, if so how do I enable this.When the scan finishes it tells me Avast scanned 4.2GB. But my used disk space is about 4.7GB. How do I scan the whole pc. Thanks in advance, Techdunce :)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: scan archives disabled?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »
Right click on the Avast Icon in the system tray to bring up the Avast console.

Click on the "Local Disks" option (top right part of console) hover over the three icons on the right of console (you will see "Local Disks").

Click on icon and then select "Scan archive files" by clicking on the check box.

Archive's will be scanned with this selected (and will take longer to scan as you probably know).  :)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

techdunceoy101

Re: scan archives disabled?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:10:53 PM »
Thanks for that Lakrsrlool, didnt see that option there,but all sorted now, thanks again,Techdunce  :)