Author Topic: Win 32:Junkpoly  (Read 2202 times)

kernell

Win 32:Junkpoly
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »
Everytime i start my PC and connect to the internet, avast detects a Virus called "Junkpoly".  Does anyone know how i can get rid of it? 
Thanks a lot!!!
Kernell

Offline Maxx_original

• Super Poster
Re: Win 32:Junkpoly
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »
too few informations.. we need to know at least the name and location of the file ;)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Win 32:Junkpoly
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
Just fixed one of they http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=33409.30 
you may need to install recovery consol - if so I will talk you through it

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note:  In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  • Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
-----------------------------------------------------------
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
  • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.[/color]
  • Close any open browsers.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
  • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  • Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. 
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**