Author Topic: Avast! on Mac warns it didn't update when computer was asleep and is wakened  (Read 9936 times)

smkolins

Seems a bit silly - why not just go ahead and try to update?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I'm not on Mac, but on Windows, there is an option in avast4.ini file to postpone the update from the boot/wake up time. To delay the update of avast into a permanent internet connection (DSL) you can change the value AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds into avast4.ini file. Details on 'Settings' in my signature or http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647
The best things in life are free.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Seems a bit silly - why not just go ahead and try to update?

hallo,
have you tried the "don't show automatic update-related dialogs" in preferences?

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

smkolins

I'm not on Mac, but on Windows, there is an option in avast4.ini file to postpone the update from the boot/wake up time.
Alas on the Mac there is not avast4.ini file on the hard drive (both general searches and likely place searches don't show it.) It's probably munged into another file structure somewhere.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
I'm not on Mac, but on Windows, there is an option in avast4.ini file to postpone the update from the boot/wake up time.
Alas on the Mac there is not avast4.ini file on the hard drive (both general searches and likely place searches don't show it.) It's probably munged into another file structure somewhere.

its probably somewhere in the avast package itself. Navigate to the avast program in you applications folder, right-click and choose show package contents
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

smkolins

its probably somewhere in the avast package itself. Navigate to the avast program in you applications folder, right-click and choose show package contents
I did - it's not there. The company that wrote the GUI appears to be serious about being the intermediary for the program too. There's no unix layer presence of avast. Examine the package with pacifist there are no extra side installations. Even the main app avast isn't sitting around somewhere.