Author Topic: Win32:BHO-KD [Trj] - Need help to remove  (Read 8735 times)

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: Win32:BHO-KD [Trj] - Need help to remove
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »
Looks good. The file may never have reached your computer or was removed by one of the scans you did, online perhaps.

Any problems now?

If not, you can clean up the tools now. You can keep flashdrive disinfecter or delete if you wish.

* Click start button, run, then copy and paste the following line into the box and click ok.

ComboFix /u

* Open HJT, click misc tools button, slide the slider down, click uninstall. You will have to delete hijackthis.exe

* Create a new restore point

You must be logged on to an administrator account
Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.
Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
In the text box labeled Restore Point Description, type a name for this restore point , click create

* Remove old restore points

- Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - system tools. Launch the Disk Cleanup tool and let it run. When it finishes a box with tabs will appear, select the more options tab. On this tab you will find a section for System Restore. If you press the Clean Up button for that section, Windows will delete all restore points except for the most recent one.

* Open an Internet Explorer (only) window and go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp > Scroll down to "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 4...allows end-users to run Java applications".

Click the download button on the right.

> If Information Bar pop-ups up, right-click on it and say it's OK to display the blocked content.

You do not have to install the Java Web Start ActiveX Control

Accept the license agreement > Click on Windows (XP,Vista, .etc) Offline Installation, Multi-language and Save the file jre-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe to your desktop; do not Run it. Do not install it yet.

When the download is complete, Open Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs:

Uninstall anything that says Sun Java, Java JRE, or similar.

Close Add/Remove Programs.

In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Java <=this folder, if found. Delete any subfolders it may contain.

Do NOT delete C:\Program Files\JavaVM <=this folder, if found!

Reboot your computer.

Double-click on the saved file to install the update.

Delete the downloaded installation file after completing the above procedure  and reboot if not prompted to do so.

firewater07

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »
There's no problem that I can see, does this mean that my computer is clean again?

I just want to say thank you for taking the time to help me, I appreciate it very much.

Thank you.  :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
There's no problem that I can see, does this mean that my computer is clean again?
Can't you test it with on-line scanning? I suggest Kaspersky and BitDefender ones.
The best things in life are free.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »

Gooing by your logs, I would say yes. You can use tech's suggestion if you wish.

And you are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 04:54:23 PM by oldman »