So, new betaversion of avast! is available.
Compared to the latest official build (357), it contains a few bugfixes, and most important - it contains the French translation of the user interface.How to install the beta:
1. Download the file http://cat.asw.cz/beta-jap/servers.def
and place it to the <avast>\setup folder (overwrite the existing file).
2. Invoke avast! program update.
3. After the update is performed (and computer restarted), go to program Settings, select the page Languages
and click on the text To install additional languages, click here
4. Check the "French language" modules and press Next
- the French modules will be loaded and installed.
5. In the Language
page, select French (it should be in the list now).
That's all. For the changes to take effect, avast! has to be restarted. For the changes to take effect even on the resident protection, you have to restart the computer again.
Note that servers.def
is a text file - so I recommend to rightclick the link and select "Save as". If you leftclick it, it may open in your browser as a text. In that case, you can simply copy&paste it to the corresponding file, but the first method may be easier.
Note: The avast! user interface is translated. The translation of helps is partial (in progress) - and will occasionally be updated.
Note 2: the updates of the virus database (VPS) may not be as frequent for the beta as for the "ordinary" avast.
Of course, any comments from the French users are welcome.