Author Topic: "Right click" menu stays transparent after selecting avast! Antivirus.  (Read 5376 times)

Snnack

Once I right click the Avast tray icon and select start avast! Antivirus, the avast logo appears and tells me itsopening the program but the antivirus interface never opens. This is where my problem happens the next thing I right click and select, it will stay transparent until i restart my computer. I have attached a picture showing this. Usually the next thing i right click is avast antivirus. I always have to start avast antivirus twice to work, this does not bother me but the transparent image does get extremely annoying. Sorry if i didn't describe this well enough. I am also running Vista home premium 32 bit.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Re: "Right click" menu stays transparent after selecting avast! Antivirus.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:11:49 AM »
Any other antivirus installed now or previously?

Snnack

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »
i did have Norton 2007 but it expired and I'm 99% sure i completely uninstalled it

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 04:02:34 AM »
I suugest you download and run the norton removal tool to get the remnants.

You may have to uninstall avast first, but give it a try first.

find your product on the list

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Snnack

I already have tried that

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Can you run C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimp2.exe ?
The best things in life are free.

Snnack

Can you run C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimp2.exe ?
I had to run it twice to work and once i still get the same problem where the next think i right click will stay on my monitor.

rassel

Reinstall will be the better way for you to tell us more :-*

Offline rob24

Hi,

Mine did just that too. It is a new PC running Windows XP Home. A day or 2 after I got it it was doing what you describe. The prog doesn't start first time but after that the rt click menu becomes transparent as did the right click Desktop menu. The item that is next clicked then sticks immovably and only goes on restart. The PC went back to the shop that built it. Was unclear what they did to it to fix it, as there were a number of other probs, but they certainly they reinstalled Avast as it showed up as a newly installed program when I got it back.
Intel Core i5 CPU 4 x 3200 Mhz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 64 bit, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.6 free, Superantispyware.
Samsung S3 mobile with Avast Mobile Pro and on Lenovo tablet.