Author Topic: Program hang-up / reboot of machine - Avast Home  (Read 6903 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Program hang-up / reboot of machine - Avast Home
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »
BTW, got any suggestions for a good replacement backup program?
No doubt: Acronis® Disk Director Suite 10.0 (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/) for full partitioning backup and management (if you have a second HD). And, only for backup, Windows Vista backup or Acronis® True Image 11 Home (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).
The best things in life are free.

GDaley

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »
Tech,

Acronis True Image Home V11.0 looks like a winner to me.  Ordered it today from Amazon for $32.45.... free shipping.... no tax.  There are no more Symantec footprints to be found anywhere in this machine right now.  It has been purring along without incident all night and throughout today... a first so far for this length of time.  If it continues to be bug free though tonight and tommorrow, then I will consider it fixed  :)

Thank you again for your expertise and help .     

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 12:09:16 AM »
Thank you again for your expertise and help .     
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help you just to change experiences 8)

GDaley

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 11:53:19 PM »
Tech,

2days and nights constantly running now,  no more problems, zero events..... IMO, it's fixed!!  :D :D :D

In retrospect, it really ticks me off for allowing myself to become a victim of a series of highly marketed but bad and buggy software.  I paid good money for Internet Security, for it's annual subscriptions and for Ghost.  What a ripoff and personal disappointment.  Never again.

I can only hope those Symantec/Norton folks have been reading this thread.... and hope their management and staff are old enough to remember a sitcom called "Alice".... if so, perhaps they can remember and experience the real meaning of "KISS MY GRITS"

Thanks again for your help.

Bubba in Louisiana 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 12:14:31 AM »
I'm an ex-Symantec user too... I know how you feel ;)