Author Topic: Alerts?  (Read 4654 times)

chard31

Alerts?
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:03:31 AM »

For the last 2 weeks, everytime my Avast performs a scan, I get 8 alerts like this...

I click the "move to chest" but afterward, the chest is empty...

I ran AVG and it found nothing...

My puter does not seem to be having any problems but these 8 daily alerts are getting annoying and have me worried...

Any advice?

sanctuary24

Re: Alerts?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:08:09 AM »
I'm no expert but I thought running two antivirus programs caused conflicts if they were both running in real time, I'm sure someone will help you out

spiRits3033

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 03:14:52 AM »
Try clearing out your cache and any temporary internet files your browser has saved...  Those files are in your TEMP folder so clearing that out should delete those files and get rid of those notices.. If not, run a program like CCleaner to clear out all of your temporary files. You can even just delete the files in your c:\windows\TEMP folder as well. Hope that helps.

~spiRits3033

chard31

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
I'm no expert but I thought running two antivirus programs caused conflicts if they were both running in real time, I'm sure someone will help you out

Been running AVG and Avast together for a longgg time without any problems...

Two weeks ago, I clicked on a Google link and I knew immediately that there was a problem with that site giving me something...   ::)

chard31

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »
Try clearing out your cache {DONE}and any temporary internet files your browser has saved{DONE}...  Those files are in your TEMP folder so clearing that out should delete those files and get rid of those notices.. If not, run a program like CCleaner to clear out all of your temporary files. You can even just delete the files in your c:\windows\TEMP folder as well{DONE}. Hope that helps.

~spiRits3033

Maybe I will try the CCleaner but I'll wait until some other people post here and maybe know exactly what I can/should do...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

<snip>

When it does bite you in the rear, it could well be a real problem, it simply isn't advisable to have two resident AVs installed. If you want a back-up for confirmation, etc. install an on-demand scanner only, such as BitDefender free.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »
It's not truth. The Chest problem could be one of the hidden others... the two antivirus will fight each other to take the ownership of the files.
The best things in life are free.

spiRits3033

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 02:35:53 AM »

<snip>

When it does bite you in the rear, it could well be a real problem, it simply isn't advisable to have two resident AVs installed. If you want a back-up for confirmation, etc. install an on-demand scanner only, such as BitDefender free.

2 resident scanners = bad. If you don't trust one antivirus program (which none are perfect), rely on online scanners that can scan your system without installing software...