Author Topic: Problem with Vista... Weirrdd!!!  (Read 3374 times)

iamaya2

Problem with Vista... Weirrdd!!!
« on: February 29, 2008, 08:29:43 AM »
Hi ppl,

I just bought a laptop with Vista. I tried to switch to XP but I couldn't. Anyway, I installed Avast on it and the first time it was trying to download updates... it wasn't able to finish because I had to restart my notebook. Now, If i click update it does nothing. What can I do? I think I have some file missing but i'm not sure which one...

Thx

iamaya2

rassel

Re: Problem with Vista... Weirrdd!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
uninstall it in the Add or Remove program than restart and reinstall it again restart. i hope this fix the problem ;D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:24:34 AM by rassel »

spiRits3033

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 02:33:08 AM »
This actually happened to me with Vista as well... It happened when I installed an older (not too old) version of avast instead of downloading the current version from the website.

Clicking update did nothing... but then after awhile, it updated itself after doing nothing. Perhaps someone more familiar with avast can elaborate, but when avast updates the program (as opposed to just a database update), clicking update does nothing until avast does its thing. You can try what rassel said by reinstalling, which should fix the problem, but the problem fixed itself for me when I had that issue.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
Please, post the last 200-250 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log
The best things in life are free.