Author Topic: Avast 4.7 home hangs up during scanning  (Read 14920 times)

mrex

Re: Avast 4.7 home hangs up during scanning
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
Please create a dump of the ashSimpl.exe process (when the problem is simulated, i.e. the scan is stuck) and upload it to our ftp site ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming.

To create the dump, download and run http://public.avast.com/~vlk/hangrep.exe . In the list of processes select ashSimpl.exe and use the Save button. This generates a file which you can upload to the ftp site.

Thanks
Vlk

So... What I have to do is this procedure:
1. start scanning
2. wait until it hangs up
3. start hangrep.exe
4. choose ashsimpl.exe
5. choose "save..." button
6. end Avast normally ("pause scanning" -> "end scanning" -> close the program) and I don't need to terminate the process?
7. send it via ftp (ehm.. I just realized I don't have any ftp program installed  - any other way to send it?)

right?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »
Right.

You can upload the file to a FTP site using your browser. Just click the link and use drag'n'drop. :-)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

rastapasti

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 01:35:28 AM »
Hi, I'm having this same problem. Avast virus scanning seems to hang when it gets to the driver for my monitor. Quick mode works fine, however the other two modes hang. I'm running Zone Alarm, but never have run Kapersenksy (or whatever it's called).  Was there ever a resolution to this issue? Thanks for your help!