Author Topic: Avast Manual  (Read 4487 times)

Normandie

Avast Manual
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
I know this is dumb, but where can I download a manual for Avast? I have tried to look all over the web site, but either I am too dumb  :-\ or it is not there. I would like to read the instructions.

Thanks & have a nice day,
Normandie

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Manual
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
The avast Help file, can be accessed from the Simple User Interface, or Windows Start, All Programs, avast! Antivirus, Help, or directly from C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\HELP\help.chm assuming you installed avast in the default location and you are using the English version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Normandie

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »
The avast Help file, can be accessed from the Simple User Interface, or Windows Start, All Programs, avast! Antivirus, Help, or directly from C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH\HELP\help.chm assuming you installed avast in the default location and you are using the English version.

David,

Thank you, I saw that and checked it out, but I am of the old school and like sitting down reading an instruction manual so just wondering if there was one somewhere I could download in PDF format or something.

Thanks again & have a good day,
Normandie

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 11:17:54 PM »
I can't recall if there was ever a pdf manual and I have had avast for almost 4 years.

There are also the sticky topics at the top of the forums lists which may also be helpful.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
So just wondering if there was one somewhere I could download in PDF format or something.
No, there isn't. avast is in almost 30 languages and I think it's difficult to have more material besides the help file itself.
The best things in life are free.

Normandie

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:06:07 AM »
So just wondering if there was one somewhere I could download in PDF format or something.
No, there isn't. avast is in almost 30 languages and I think it's difficult to have more material besides the help file itself.

Thanks to all, will just make do with the help file and what I find here on the forum.

Have a good day,
Normandie

CharleyO

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »

Welcome to the forums,  Normandie.    :)

Using the search button on the forum, you can find out almost anything about avast. By chance you do not find what you need to know, either on the forum or in the help files, just ask in a post and more than likely someone can help you.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
Thanks to all, will just make do with the help file and what I find here on the forum.
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help you just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.