Author Topic: avast requesting access issue?  (Read 3232 times)

sanctuary24

avast requesting access issue?
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »
I restarted my computer today and after it finished booting up my Comodo Firewall asked me wether to allow/deny avast setup with parent ashserv, everything was legit but it was like it was a different instance of it rather than it had changed due to modification, has anyone with Avast and Comodo V2.4 ever encountered this or has something been altered within Avast due to updates that could explain this behaviour?

ps my Comodo logs show nothing was asking for permission which I find very strange and when I checked my Application access list it was already listed as allow so this shouldnt have been asked
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:33:36 AM by sanctuary24 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast requesting access issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:43:52 AM »
it was like it was a different instance of it rather than it had changed due to modification
I suppose you know that ashServ.exe sends ping packets to find out if the Internet connection is alive. You can turn this off by checking the "My computer is permanently connected to the Internet" box in the avast Program Settings > Update (Connections) page.

Not sure your problem is related to that.
The best things in life are free.

sanctuary24

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:45:42 PM »
no its not that I dont think, it is asking for permission almost like its the first time it has run yet I have already allowed and set it to remember so I cant understand why its asking

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
A firewall glitch, most probably.
Sometimes, removing the entry, booting, allowing it again solves...
Well... can't find other solution for Comodo...
The best things in life are free.

sanctuary24

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:11:21 PM »
I must admit that I have encountered a few other minor glitches within Comodo Firewall V2.4 but I will keep it for now until V3 is properly fixed up.  Thanks Tech for your tip I will try it out and see if it helps and try and report back here soon on whether it has fixed it