Author Topic: Scan Maxthon Downloads  (Read 3631 times)

Breezy55417

Scan Maxthon Downloads
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:36:10 AM »
Thanks for your responses,

I've tried the Maxthon 2 forums for help and have yet to find a workable solution.

I primarily use FireFox but like to use Maxthon from time to time and was surprised when Avast didn't kick in when downloading a file.

I'll try Free Download Manager or Getright.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: Scan Maxthon Downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »
avast! WebShield should scan maxthon HTTP downloads for you without any extra configuration.

onlysomeone

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »
if you want to be sure if it works, you can look into the on-access window while surfing the net...

if everything works properly you see the URL of the visited and scanned homepage under "last checked"

Breezy55417

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »
Evidently my Websheild is doing nothing. Something must not be set up correctly.

It says "The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start"

Task name:      Resident protection
Scanned count: 0
Infected count: 0

What do I need to check to correct this?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Breezy55417

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Sorry, Those posts didn't help me.

When I look in the On-access protection control the installed providers are listed twice. One set is colored and the other is greyed out. The tooltip on the icon shows 3 of 14 providers are running.

If I look in the task manager under processes I have ashDisp.exe, ashlogv.exe, ashServ.exe, ashMaiSv.exe, ashWebSv.exe, and ashUpdSv.exe running.

When I look in the Avast4 program directory I do see that a system restore has renamed some files such as "aswScan.dll" and "aswScan(2).dll" and others, if that could mean anything.

Perhaps a fresh install would help?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:37:43 PM »
You have a problem with your installation so I would suggest you do a clean reinstall.

It would probably be best to first Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html (unless you have saved a copy of the installation file and it is recent), save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.

Now uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security