Author Topic: Avast frauds  (Read 11745 times)

russia

Avast frauds
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:41:23 AM »
We purchsed and up grade least November to find that it was a fake being sold as profesional edition, so now we have paid yet again to Avast distributon fo r the Uk for Avast profesional, we got them to verify our system and that was all ok ,  Now as from the 8 march 2008 we get a red pop up message from Avast saying our trial period is about to expire.

Concidering the professional was only purchased  25 January 2008  43 days ago direct with the Avast distributor  we can only assume that yet again this is another FRAUD copy,  We tried contacting there support immediatly  over 24 hours have passed with no reply,
As of 10th March we place the matter with the UK Trading Standards Goverment Dept to investigate !!!

I am really dfed up with this and have been an Avast user since 2003 but thge last 3 months having had 2 upgrade purchased and  now a repeat again of having PAID to get  a FAKE INSTALLATION from Avast  yet again! for our Company usage!

So other users be aware  !!!!!! 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast frauds
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
Did you receive an email with your Licence/Registration key and did you enter that key?

If you bought it directly via the avast.com site and the on-line payment processing, share*it then you didn't buy a fake.

Though you say you bought it through avast distribution for the UK, distribution is the same you either bought it via the avast/share*it on-line payment processing or you bought it through a distributor, which was it ?
If via a distributor you should also contact them, but also contact sales @ avast.com (without the spaces) and give them the full details, dates, email address used, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

russia

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
Its was installed by  AV Outsource Ltd  Unit 2  2 Thayers farm Road beckingham kent Uk and with a licence key!!  ( They publish being the OFFICIAL UK  distributor!!

We even have a VAT receipt, but we still have the red Avast notice just the same as the previous  situation in January.

we have contacted them and there support service , unfortunatly  and if you view our blogs to this forum in January you will see the previous situation that we as a company have suffered in try to use and authentic Avast product !

It is really time that Avast management in Czech took control of there distrubution channels properly !!

But having phoned  Cezch in january and got a person who took the details and we still await that resultion .

have to say if it was my staff they would be looking for new jobs today !!

russia

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:03 AM »
The company web site is

www.avastuk.com

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 01:05:57 AM »
Post a screenshot of your avast! About box, please (with the Registration key section expanded).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »
AV Outsource is indeed an avast distributor in the UK, http://www.avast.com/eng/resellers_uk.html.

Did you enter the license key (as I asked) and receive acknowledgement that it had been accepted (screenshot as Igor requested should confirm also) ?

Contacting the sales email I gave would be better as they are in a position to do something about it and are likely to have information about licence purchases.

There are several other UK distributors if you aren't happy about AV Outsource, for any future purchase.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

russia

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 01:35:32 AM »
Theyhad access to our system to install activate the lot , all we had to do was Pay!
we see avast script blocker s come up as per the prop programe.

There should be absolutly NO reason why we are get a a red notice again.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:42 AM »
As I wrote - please post a screenshot of the avast! About box (on the machine where the problem appears, of course).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 01:42:30 AM »
Posting the screenshot as Igor (Alwil Software) asked may be the only way to confirm if they did activate it.

There is a 60 trial if you (or they) haven't entered the license key, it would then start alerting you (red notice) I think it is 21 days before the end of the period. This may coincide with when you had it installed.

russia

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
Hello
From what you have written it would appear as an outsider that they have not activated the program when Avastuk installed it !!

I have phoned after receiving the following e.mail from a Emma in sales:

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with avast! but I can assure you that we have not sold you a false copy.

I have forward your email onto the MD as it would have been him that had the remote access to your computer; he is currently out of the office but is checking his email and will respond as soon as he can.

I will see idf  can get a photo of the item you  request as we have already tried to copy it , but that does not work,   

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »
I will see idf  can get a photo of the item you  request as we have already tried to copy it , but that does not work,   

I am not sure how are you trying to take that screenshot, but hitting PRINT SCREEN key on your keyboard should work without any problems. It will copy everything you see on the screen into the clipboard, and then just open some image editing tool like for example Paint and Paste it from clipboard (CTRL+V). Save it as JPG or PNG or BMP or any other image format, and post it here.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

russia

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »
Well  we have had to get some one in our costs to look at the mess caused !!

They confirm that the Professional payed for on the 2 nd occasion is in fact in demo format with a licence key S9999999T9939A1106 expirying 14days.

So they tried to add the licensce key  that is attached to the receiept :
 W8501153R5100A1106    start date 25 january 2008

That  registration come up with a message of invalid.

I am still waiting now on to my 4th day for customer services AVASTUK to reply other than the email as a bove early published.

Now patience is coming to an end with this !!  I give notice that I will as of 9am Uk time place this with the UK  Trading Standards to investigate !!

As a customer i have been quite happy with the product but the back up and support is Crap !!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:03:49 PM by igor »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 10:55:09 PM »
They confirm that the Professional payed for on the 2 nd occasion is in fact in demo format with a licence key S9999999T9939A1106 expirying 14days.
How many times did you try to install the demo version in the same computer?

So they tried to add the licensce key  that is attached to the receiept :
I would not post the entire license key here, just the public part.

As a customer i have been quite happy with the product but the back up and support is Crap !!
I won't say you don't have support... but you could be in direct contact with sales@avast.com
Here, in forums, we're supporting and helping for free.
The best things in life are free.

russia

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
firstly i did not install it the MD of AVASTUK did !!  and verified it after we were sold a fraud copy in November of the Professional.

As for sales avast we phoned them as stated previously and spoke to a Czech national  who spoke  english the matter was never resolved and that was after repeated e mails tto sales in December 07 , with NO answers and  that is why the MD of Avast UK checked and verified our system and corrected it and that the november professional avast was a fraud !.

He installed the new profesional , and Avast UK  (  billed us with a copy of the registration key ) we have had to do nothing all has been carried out by AvasT distributors !

The only time we find out is when we get the RED box telling us its expiring in so many days.

As an international business it is correct that other user's of Avast see the potential problems and the sort of support supplied to companies by the Avast network!!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 11:13:03 PM by russia »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 11:11:55 PM »
You were not sold a fraud copy.

The second key you mentioned (W8...) is valid - it's an ordinary key which expires on April 1st 2009.
Is your system time set correctly? Were you logged on as administrator when entering the key?
As the last resort - did you try to uninstall avast!, install it again and then enter the key?