Author Topic: Win32-Pakes-AKM [trj] need help to remove (combofix+hijackthis attached)  (Read 13859 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I did a search for GloballyOpenPorts and it returns many hits, I don't know if that is helpful or not, http://www.l.google.com/search?q=GloballyOpenPorts.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
Thanks DavidR. Those where some of what I read earlier, before refining the search to the specific ports. I read some more of them. I'm going to go out a limb and suggest they are related to remote assistance/remote desktop.

I would suugest installing a good 3rd party firewall as in the clean up routine I posted. This will block those ports as the settings only apply to the windows firewall. The windows fire wall should be turned off after the other one is installed.

I if the ports the ports are actually open.

"5000:TCP"= 5000:TCP:TCP Port 5000

From what I've read these ports will show up in the windows GUI, but there isn't any program/application associated with the port,nor are they set to enable. I hope someone can explain what they are.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 08:11:43 PM by oldman »