Author Topic: Restoring a file out of the chest.  (Read 1941 times)

smithwk2

Restoring a file out of the chest.
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:11:13 PM »
When doing a scan a file was flagged with a virus and I moved it to the chest.  I found out later that I should not have moved that file.  I opened the chest and selected "Restore" for that file. It said that it restored successfully, but the file stayed in the chest.  Does the file stay in the chest even though it has been restored to it's original location?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wayne

sanctuary24

Re: Restoring a file out of the chest.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
I think that when you restore it keeps a copy in the chest until you remove it manually, please double check with someone else as I have never had to use this function but I'm pretty sure if the file is where you restored it to then it has been restored

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Restoring a file out of the chest.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
As sanctuary24 said, a copy is retained in the chest (just in case) until you manually remove it. Just confirm it is back in the original location and if so you can delete the one in the chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security