Author Topic: avast! and XP Event Log  (Read 10218 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:avast! and XP Event Log
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 12:46:47 PM »
Hey I still don't understand the problem. It's more or less normal there're no entries there. Unless you e.g. got a virus.

Also, check the avast Log Viewer -- are there any entries in there?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Jeccu

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 01:23:56 PM »
Oh s**t! I should have read this topic more carefully before writing anything.  :-[ I had set the logging sensivity level to "warning". So I don't have no problems on this.  :-[
Really sorry!

-- Jeccu --

drahnier

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 04:22:20 PM »
Hey I still don't understand the problem. It's more or less normal there're no entries there. Unless you e.g. got a virus.

Also, check the avast Log Viewer -- are there any entries in there?

So please expolain why I see those entries (informing me about a virus database update) on my system but not on my girl friend's one, although both systems have the exact same settings. I just don't understand.

Wrt to log viewer: No entries (zero!) on my girl friend's system and some warnings and lots of notices on my system.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 04:18:29 AM »
both systems have the exact same settings. I just don't understand.

Sorry for the repeated question, maybe stupid, but I'm trying to understand and if even Vlk cannot 'see' your problem maybe I have to give up...

What are the values for LoggingLevel into the [Common] section of your avast4.ini file (both for you and for your girlfriend)?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

drahnier

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 08:36:56 AM »
both systems have the exact same settings. I just don't understand.

Sorry for the repeated question, maybe stupid, but I'm trying to understand and if even Vlk cannot 'see' your problem maybe I have to give up...

What are the values for LoggingLevel into the [Common] section of your avast4.ini file (both for you and for your girlfriend)?  ::)

LoggingLevel=5 - on both machines.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 02:47:23 PM »
LoggingLevel=5 - on both machines.

Can you change it to 7? As Vlk said somewhere, only infections will be recorder at that level. Level 7 will join much more information in the avast! log...

LoggingLevel=Emergency=0/Alert=1/Critical error=2/Error=3/Warning=4/Notice=5/Info=6/Debug=7

Ok, this does not explain the behavior of the two identical systems (just language)... I'll keep thinking.
The best things in life are free.