Author Topic: Avast BART-CD and Intel Raid Controller  (Read 18040 times)

orazio

Avast BART-CD and Intel Raid Controller
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
Good morning, I have a problem into using Bart-CD on some computer DELL Precision 380. They have a controller integrated on mainboard, the Intel, and they have two SATA disk. The Avast BART CD starts, but then It is not able to perform a scan, as it is not able to find the disks.
Is it possible to solve the problem?
Thanka
Orazio

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast BART-CD and Intel Raid Controller
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
Already checked if there is a newer version of the BART cd?

orazio

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »
Yes,
Burt-CD purchased a week ago and updated also this morning.
Any other idea  :)

Thanks

orazio

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
Hy,
sorry if I write again.
I have sent an e-mail also to avast-support, but no reply still now and it is a little bit urgent for me to solve the problem. Anybody with the same problem, or with similar problem. Just to have an idea to solve it.
Thanks in advance.

Orazio

ssummit

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »
With SATA drives you have to press F6 when BART asks you for addional drivers as it boots.  You then MUST use a floppy disk with the appropriate Intel drivers and insert them when asked into the "A" floppy.  You will then be given a choice between the various drivers on the floppy and you must choose the appropriate one.

If you can't get into the computer to access the Intel Matrix Storage Manager to create the floppy, go to another PC with a floppy to try downloading the most recent IMSM from Intel directly to set up a floppy.  If I remember correctly the CMOS/BIOS will tell you the appropriate driver to use.

Vallo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »
Hi,

I think it is a right time to integrate Intel Matrix Storage Technology drivers (ICH9R AHCI ver2.x) into the main boot system of BART CD

Pressing F6 to select needed drivers from floppy disk when BART CD booting is not 100% supported from hardware provider's. Lot of new motherboards is coming without floppy controller at all ! For example : we have Dell Vostro 200 series desktop and we receiving "bluescreen error" (BSOD) at the very beginning state of BART CD booting !

It's will be very nice feature if  BART CD have "special boot loader" where you can select needed boot mode (Native IDE mode or Intel Matrix Storage mode)...

Thanks,

ssummit

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:39:50 AM »
Although I haven't tried it, you might be able, in the case when there's no built in floppy, to try the following: (1) attach a USB floppy before you boot off the B.A.R.T. cd (I know the BART will recognize the USB floppy then); (2) then do the F6 routine I discussed above.