Author Topic: exchange 2003 mail advanced server install verfication or documentation  (Read 4473 times)

baustin

I have just purchased the advanced suite and installed on one of our church exchange servers. Now that it is on line and running, I cannot determine if it actually installed on the exchange side.  When I look at the installed providers the Outlook/Exchange version 4.7-878 states the 'provider is waiting for subsystem to start' .  Internet mail is showing running, and has scanned numbers.  Since the documentation is not available(or i have not found it on the web site) I need to know how to determine it is actually running on the exchange mail server. I would like to keep the AVAST as the total solution for our church organization. I still have a few days before I can not return it. 

Thanks for your help

Bob.a

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
In order to protect Exchange server, you need to have the "MS SMTP 2000/2003" and "MS Exchange 2000/2003" providers installed and active.

Did you install these providers? If not, you can add them to the existing installation by going to the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> avast! Server Edition -> Change/Remove -> Change.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

baustin

::) thanks Vlk ...   I had done just that and forgot to come back here and report.

so far Avast for server has been working very well.

now to figure out what good spam filter program will work with Avast.

I'll post another on that

Thanks,
Ba.