Author Topic: how can i exclude something  (Read 2864 times)

saber_rex

how can i exclude something
« on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
everytime i try to launch something for one of my games it says its a virus and wont load it. It loads when i turn off avast and launch it though. is there anyway i can whitelist it or make avast not recognize it as a virus

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: how can i exclude something
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »
To know if a file is a false positive, please submit it to VirusTotal and let us know the result. If it is indeed a false positive, send it in a password protected zip to virus@avast.com
Please, mention in the body of the message why you think it is a false positive and the password used. Thanks.
Other possibility is JOTTI. VirusTotal and Jotti both have file size limit of 10Mb.

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.

This link is a tutorial on how to help correct a virus detection that you believe to be false:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=25009.msg204838#msg204838
or http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=7779.msg62586#msg62586
The best things in life are free.

saber_rex

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 11:15:04 PM »
i set it to the exclusion list but i still cant open it while avast is running

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:41:57 AM »
What exclusion list did you put it in and can you post the complete path you entered in the exclusion list ?

Exclusions lists:
Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add on-access exclusion (required to stop it being scanned by the Standard Shield) and
Program Settings, Exclusions on-demand exclusion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 03:21:43 AM »
i set it to the exclusion list but i still cant open it while avast is running
What did you wrote there? Did you use wildcards?
Sometimes, you need to boot to make it effective...
The best things in life are free.