Author Topic: Please help with corrupt Avast that I can not update  (Read 1877 times)

allysoncummings

Please help with corrupt Avast that I can not update
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:53:01 PM »
I purchased the update/upgrade avast anti-virus package.  Before installing, my Avast seems to be corrupt.  I have tried to repair and can not.  What should I do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Please help with corrupt Avast that I can not update
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
I would suggest you download the latest Pro version (http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-professional.html) and save it on your hard disk, so you can find it again. You should have received an email with your Pro Licence/Registration Key (did you) ensure you have that email available.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD. Now uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install the latest Pro Trial version, reboot.

You will now have to enter your Pro license to convert from the Pro Trial version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security