Author Topic: SUPERAntispyware  (Read 3186 times)

OldMX

SUPERAntispyware
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
I'm getting the following warning when i update SUPERAntispyware definitions

Sign of "Win32:Trat-D [Drp]" has been found in "C:\Users\Jorge\AppData\Roaming\SUPERAntiSpyware.com\SUPERAntiSpyware\PROCESSLIST.BIN" file. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

OldMX

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SUPERAntispyware
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:06:30 AM »
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner and report the findings here. I feel virustotal is the better option as it uses the windows version of avast (more packers supported) and there are currently over 30 different scanners.

If only avast detects it:
Send the sample to virus@avast.com zipped and password protected with the password in email body, a link to this topic might help and false positive in the subject.

Or you can also add the file to the User Files (File, Add) section of the avast chest (unless you have sent it there already) where it can do no harm and send it from there (select the file, right click, email to Alwil Software). No need to zip and PW protect when the sample is sent from chest. A copy of the file/s will remain in the original location, so any further action you take can remove that.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists:
Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add and
Program Settings, Exclusions

Restore it to its original location, periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

OldMX

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 06:03:17 AM »
Apparently it was a false positive from avast, i updated the defs and no more infection found in that file

Thanks a lot

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »

Welcome to the forums, OldMX.    :)

We are glad that your problem has been corrected.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
Apparently it was a false positive from avast, i updated the defs and no more infection found in that file

Thanks a lot

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security