Author Topic: Auto Update Expires  (Read 4967 times)

BuckRogers

Auto Update Expires
« on: March 20, 2004, 01:33:08 AM »
I got a message that auto update was about to expire. I checked "About Avast" and it indicates that updates expiration is March 1, 2004.  I just installed this program a month or so ago.  How to fix this problem?

deriamis

Re:Auto Update Expires
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 01:36:55 AM »
Did you get a home registration key? avast! is truly evaluation software, but a free license is given to home users. You can get one at http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:56:03 AM »
I got a message that auto update was about to expire. I checked "About Avast" and it indicates that updates expiration is March 1, 2004.  I just installed this program a month or so ago.  How to fix this problem?

Buck, wellcome.
Can you see if your system date/time are correct? Specially the year?
It's well-known that an error could be caused by this virus trap...  :(
The best things in life are free.

BuckRogers

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 04:39:28 PM »
Yes I had gone through the registration program and my date/time is set correctly.  Maybe I should just reinstall the program (Home edition is what I am using)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 04:51:31 PM »
Yes I had gone through the registration program and my date/time is set correctly.  Maybe I should just reinstall the program (Home edition is what I am using)

Yes, please, uninstall, boot, install, boot...
Insert your Registration key.
Can you post the results?

BuckRogers

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 06:20:41 PM »
Before uninstalling, I tried to insert the registration key in the "About Avast" window.  I had tried this before and received a message that I had an incorrect key.  I registered and inserted the key again (turns out it was the same as the old key).  The program accepted the key and now indicates that auto update expires in March, 2005.  So all is well, even though it is hard to explain what happened.  Thanks for your help

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 08:41:14 PM »
Before uninstalling, I tried to insert the registration key in the "About Avast" window.  I had tried this before and received a message that I had an incorrect key.  I registered and inserted the key again (turns out it was the same as the old key).  The program accepted the key and now indicates that auto update expires in March, 2005.  So all is well, even though it is hard to explain what happened.  Thanks for your help

It is always better to use the Copy & Paste method than writting manally the key to avoid errors... Of course, could be any other thing else than this, who knows?  ;)