Author Topic: New Avast 4.8 Installed!!! Anti-rootkit and Anti-spyware features missing?!?!?!  (Read 2496 times)

Avastfan1

Hi Avast Forum Gurus,

Where are the new anti-rootkit and anti-spyware features in Avast 4.8.1169?

I have installed the new Avast Pro 4.8.1169 but was unable to find the new features.

As somebody who loves mucking around with configuration settings, all I could find was 'disable rootkit scan on system startup' under troubleshooting in program settings.

Is the new anti-rootkit or the anti-spyware feature not an 'on-access protection module' like 'web shield' or 'standard shield'?

When is the system scanned or protected from rootkits and spyware?

Are the new AR and AS features resident or does one have to execute an 'on-demand' scan separately?

Thanks in advance for answering all my questions.

Avastfan1

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Yes, those features are integrated into the ordinary scan... so there are no special options (well, you can create a new anti-rootkit task in the Enhanced User Interface, if you have the Professional version, but basically you can say that avast! protects you against spyware and rootkits automatically).

Avastfan1

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the SUPER quick response!

Keep up the outstanding work Avast gurus and forum users, you are all a huge credit to the people that make up the Avast community!

Avastfan1