Author Topic: **** AVAST 4.8 NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED ****  (Read 36436 times)

greenhatch

Re: **** AVAST 4.8 NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED ****
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
I relented and took David's advice to update now :) Very smooth taking just 70 seconds. Am I right in understanding that if I wanted to perform just a rootkit scan, I just need to restart my laptop?

onlysomeone

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »
I relented and took David's advice to update now :) Very smooth taking just 70 seconds. Am I right in understanding that if I wanted to perform just a rootkit scan, I just need to restart my laptop?

if you restart your laptop only a quick scan will be performed - if you use professional version you can start a rootkitscan via the enhanced user interface...

the rootkitscan also will be done if you perform a normal system scan...

or you wait for the Antirootkit Standalone-tool ;)

greenhatch

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »
Thankyou onlysomeone (are you on the Alwil team, by the way, as you seem to be replying to a lot of recent queries?). I have the Home free version so it's the paid for Professional version that has the separate rootkit scanning module/options.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
We aren't really supposed to ask questions in this notification topic (it will get bogged down/very large and confused), but open a new topic.

However, the anti-rootkit scan is I believe an integral part of the scan carried out on windows boot and I believe also if you schedule a boot-time scan. I don't know if this is also in the on-demand scan (run from the simple user interface).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
Start a new thread and I'll respond there.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

onlysomeone

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
Thankyou onlysomeone (are you on the Alwil team, by the way, as you seem to be replying to a lot of recent queries?)

:D No, I'm not - I'm just a wiseacre who has some free time ;D

cegriffin66

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
Great job and thank you to everyone at Alwil for keeping this such a great product!! :D

joooo

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!rs
Thanks.

Tin_W

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »
4.8 Home working great on my vista and xp machine's.

Thanks for offering such a great product for free!

Klauwkikker

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 07:20:35 PM »
Thanks Alwil for Avast Home 3.8 a great program becomes better and better!!

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »
Working perfectly  8) 8)

Thanks for new Avast HVALA HVALA

cegriffin66

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »
A quick question, will avast automatically update to 4.8 or must it be done manually?

gdiloren

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »
A quick question, will avast automatically update to 4.8 or must it be done manually?
I'm set to automatically update but I had to do it manually. It was told it is not to overload the servers! ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »
It will do automatically in 7 days...

The program updates are released but to avoid excessive load on the servers the auto update check happens randomically every 7 days and it's not checking every time you connect to the Internet as with the iAVS checks. Every avast installation has a unique, randomly generated GUID ("general unique identifier") associated with it (it is generated during installation). This ID is random, but fixed. They use this value to determine when the updater pops up on YOUR machine, i.e., the program already knows that the update is there, but it won't tell you until it's your turn.
The best things in life are free.

cadremis

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »
Thanks to all avast team ... I used to have another Antivirus Solutions after trying Avast, I love it so far and  think it's one of the best antivirus solutions... Now with the new update 4.8 I feel more protected and I'm recommending this antivirus tu all my friends in Mexico.