Author Topic: **** AVAST 4.8 NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED ****  (Read 36434 times)

kubecj

Re: **** AVAST 4.8 NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED ****
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 10:39:08 AM »
By default the program is offered to update in the 7 day window. The program is not automatically updated.

MagicAndry

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
Thank you, I updated it.

So, now in this version there's a rootkit and a antispyware (even if I didnt see them it seems  like before)..

But..

What's a rootkit?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
You don't see them as they are integral to avast.

When you need to know, ask a friend, like google, which returns many hits, this is the first, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »
So, now in this version there's a rootkit and a antispyware (even if I didnt see them it seems  like before).
They're present in Home and Pro version.
In Pro version you can 'see' them and configure them.
The best things in life are free.

cegriffin66

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
Thanks. :)

Amateur

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2008, 06:17:46 PM »
Hi there. I've got a very strange trouble with new 4.8 avast Home edition. I've updated to it from 4.7 version. After system boot up I discovered that Nokia PC Suite 6.70.20 (Nokia cellsphones manager) installed on my destop won't work any more. I can't connect my phone to PC properly (it's doesn't see it now), can't load any nokia application from PC Suite tray applet... I've tried to add Nokia folder to exclusions (for resident scanner too), but it doesn't act..

After that I uninstalled 4.8 version and PC Suite worked correctly (as always). My next step was - downgrading to old 4.7 version (PC Suite worked perfectly with it before). But... Disappointment again. After 4.7 install I got freezes on system loading (2-3 min pause) and after that avast resident monitor is unable to work with RPC fault...  I've tried to clean avast installation with last aswclear.exe program and install after that, but it doesn't help.

In the end I have 2 variants:

1) working avast 4.8 with disabled Nokia PC Suite (this application is very necessary for me)
2) disabled avast 4.7 with working PC Suite...

I need some help with this mess..

onlysomeone

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
Hi Amateur!

could you please start a new topic?!

we will help you there :)

yours
onlysomeone

hawkwind

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »
Hi and thank you for this wonderful AV.
I have not used Avast for a few years now but i have recently become disillusioned with Kaspersky and the slowdowns it causes.
Avast is running very light on my system with no conflicts, false positives or slowdown in browsing.

Top notch software. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2008, 08:15:27 PM »
Avast is running very light on my system with no conflicts, false positives or slowdown in browsing.
Welcome to avast and forums! ;)
The best things in life are free.

Amateur

apexadam

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »
No one playing WoW should upgrade to 4.8 unless they want the keyboard headache of a lifetime.

Verified,
apexadam.