Author Topic: Avast 4.8 -- Fatal problems  (Read 11419 times)

Bigw

Re: Avast 4.8 -- Fatal problems
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:48:10 AM »
Any word on what is causing problem with crashes? I sent a mini dump to Vlk  and no response in posts. how about some help please? :o

PiCo

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
Seems a lot of people, including me, have this problem, but also a lot of people haven't!

Someone even said he's facing the "freeze" problem on his main account and when creating a new one and applying Avast! there it works fine.

I mean for us that have the problem, we must share sth in common.
The OS? NO
Other protection products like Comodo, Spybot, ST etc? NO
Previous installations of other AV? NO
Administrator acount? Don't know

Avast! doesn't have a mind of its own to decide whether it will run perfectly on a pc or freeze it. There's sth missing here.

ofertunas

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 08:04:30 AM »
Hola , acabo de instalar la version 4.8, hasta ahora todo bien salvo que al realizar el escaneo normal marca error el programa,  solo me deja hacer el escaneo rapido, tengo vista home premium, en una lap vaio, alguien que me pueda ayudar????

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 09:44:55 AM »
(Ofertunas' post, in English courtesy of Google translator)
Hello, I just installed version 4.8, so far everything's fine except that when conducting normal scanning error mark the program, just let me make quick scanning, I have Vista, in a lap vaio, someone who can help me?

Which I think means that the user can only select a quick scan?

Ofertunas, the forum language is English. To attempt to answer your question, can you move the slider shown in the screenshot below to the right before scanning? Just click and drag.
(Ofertunas, el foro es el idioma Inglés. Para tratar de responder a su pregunta, usted puede mover el deslizador se muestra en la captura de pantalla a continuación a la derecha antes de la digitalización? Sólo tienes que hacer clic y arrastrar.)

Regarding the other problem, one thing that at least some of you have in common is the OS. At least some of the affected posters are using SP3. This is not RTM yet; practically it's a Beta, or at best, a release candidate. Not saying that's it, (I really have no idea,)but it could be the common factor, the factor that's causing the issues.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

paraglandeur

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »
Same problems (BSOD and crash) for me today after 4.7 to 4.8 auto-upgrade. The same problem on another PC in my office too.
OS = WinXP SP2
The problem seems ocure while trying to log-in on an AppleTalk server. We are using 'PC MacLan v9.01' for appletalk comunication.
Solution : downgrading in 4.7

At home, without PC MacLan, everything is ok

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
Please send me the latest minidump from the C:\Windows\Minidump folder.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

bugzy1977

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
I get a BSOD while trying to do a thorough scan, through the avast on demand scanner.

Right clicking on a drive and clicking scan does not have this problem, but on demand scanner (ie, when you right click the avast icon on taskbar, and click start avast antivirus, then do a thorough scan)

I get the same problem in Windows Vista x64, running SP1 RTM, and in windows XP SP2.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
Go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis.
Better if you can compress (zip) them and add some information about the BSOD and the link for this thread.  ;)

Send an email to any of these addresses:
vlk (at) avast.com
rypacek (at) asw.cz

Or upload to the any of these anonymous ftp servers:
ftp://ftp.asw.cz/incoming
ftp://www2.asw.cz/incoming
The best things in life are free.

gero

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 01:37:46 AM »
thx tech for posting in the other messaje I was ill, I changed my hour local.

Ufff! I had the same problem (sist freeze) in a previous old computer and was the motherboard failure!  :o
I hope that this wont be the same (this computer is 2 year ild).

There is spanish forum here? Im spanish like ofetunas and I find little difficult always post here in english.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 03:14:58 AM »
There is spanish forum here? Im spanish like ofetunas and I find little difficult always post here in english.
Well... it should be an English-only forum...
You could go to an automated translation service, copy & paste your text and get, at least, an automated translation of your writings.

http://world.altavista.com/
http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html
http://www.freetranslation.com/
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html
http://translation2.paralink.com/

gero

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 12:22:37 PM »
thanx for the links but from experience some of this translations aren't very good.. :-\
I ll keep on practicing English with the help of wordereference, you can correct me if you want.. ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
thanx for the links but from experience some of this translations aren't very good.. :-\
I ll keep on practicing English with the help of wordereference, you can correct me if you want.. ;)
No problems... we can understand you... the forum has a 'Spell Check' feature that should help.