Author Topic: firewall setting  (Read 2903 times)

mrpezzal

firewall setting
« on: March 31, 2008, 11:45:04 AM »
I'm just download avast and considered to buy it for my office use.
The problem is, i have restricted access to internet to my user at my office (not all staff can access to the internet)
if i want install avast to each PC and each PC should be able to doing update themselves... what is avast address that i can add to my firewall to make sure updating is fine/successful.

thanks

rdmaloyjr

onlysomeone

Re: firewall setting
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
what is avast address that i can add to my firewall to make sure updating is fine/successful

i think:
www2.avast.com with an IP of: 195.47.75.56

but i would prefer waiting for an expert to tell his opinion :)

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »
avast downloads a (rather lengthy) list of its server names (servers.def) that are used for updating purposes so there is not a single address that can be used.

There may be some alternative methodology for a business user environment where avast administrative tools may assist in providing internal update distribution.  If there is I suspect an avast team member will guide you to the correct information. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »
Alan is talking of the avast! Distributed Network Manager, which is fine for those PCs on the network as they can I believe get the updates from a local mirror.

There is a forum dedicated to the avast! Distributed Network Manager (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=10.0), but a email to sales @ avast.com (without the spaces) should be able to say what solution would be best for your needs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security