Author Topic: how to delete IMGSOY virus??  (Read 7431 times)

akosipatz

how to delete IMGSOY virus??
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:23:04 AM »
hello guys, i don't know if you encountered this one but for me, both my partitioned disk (c & d) when right clicking it to open theres is word beside it that says [IMGSOY].. is this a virus?? if it is, then how can i delete it. it keeps coming back together with the virus "azkaban".. anybody help.. thank you in advance...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: how to delete IMGSOY virus??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:51:35 PM »
Can you say what is the infected file name, where was it found (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx)?
What avast! version and virus database are you using? (see About dialog of avast!)
The best things in life are free.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: how to delete IMGSOY virus??
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »
hello guys, i don't know if you encountered this one but for me, both my partitioned disk (c & d) when right clicking it to open theres is word beside it that says [IMGSOY].. is this a virus?? if it is, then how can i delete it. it keeps coming back together with the virus "azkaban".. anybody help.. thank you in advance...

The "azkaban" virus-family is windows-related, so you are in wrong forum. Get rid of the autorun script (kill WScript.exe first). But it would be better to ask in the relevant thread :).

[autorun]
open=
shell\open=Open(imgINSOY)
shell\open\Command=WScript.exe .\azkaban.vbs
shell\open\Default=1
shell\explore=explore(imgINSOY)
shell\explore\Command=WScript.exe .\azkaban.vbs

pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)