Author Topic: My compuer keeps restarting on me and windows sends an error report  (Read 1964 times)

Marcellus30

Hi I have Avast Home and recently my registration expired, soon after renewing my registration key, my computer sometimes restarts itself on first start up (sometimes it restarts itself numerous times).  Windows sends an error report saying that the problem is due to either 1) running two virus checkers, (i also have AVG) or that 2) the virus checker needs to be updated and 3) please contact the company who makes the virus checker.  However in the past I ran both virus checkers without a problem, I have an feeling its due to the new Avast update.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, if so what did you do to fix it.  Hope someone can help,

Thanks in advance,
regards Marc.

onlysomeone

Re: My compuer keeps restarting on me and windows sends an error report
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »
Windows sends an error report saying that the problem is due to either 1) running two virus checkers, (i also have AVG)

that should be the problem!

two antivirus-programs nearly always "fight" each other...

i would uninstall AVG via the 'save mode' if windows doesn't let you start normally...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: My compuer keeps restarting on me and windows sends an error report
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »
Boot in Safe Mode and uninstall AVG.
Renew your avast registration, add it to avast program, install again (or repair installation).
The best things in life are free.