Author Topic: Windows Mail Problem  (Read 3406 times)

littlebit1

Windows Mail Problem
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »
I haven't had a problem with my mail server until today. I logged on this morning and was told to update definitions...so I did....now I can't get into my email. I keep getting asked to verify my password and email information and then I get this error message..port 110, secure (SSL) No Server error:0x800CCC90, Error Number 0X800CCC92. I dug a little deeper and searched the error message and read that this problem occurs with security applications that aren't configured properly; so since this only happened this morning after new updates were downloaded I am assuming this error is due to Avast!  :(   I am using Vista Home Premium SP1...
 Thanks
 Liz

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Windows Mail Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
What is your email program ?
Can you send email ?

Have you rebooted since the update ?

Your firewall might possibly have an impact as well as changes to the program should have the firewall ask permission to connect.
What is your firewall ?
Does it allow ashMaiSv.exe internet access (although it appears that it is getting to the server) ?
- If it does delete the entry for it and do a manual check for email, this will force the firewall to ask permission again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

littlebit1

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »
Thanks for your reply, and "yes" I did reboot...I use Windows Email...and "no" I can not get into my email as it asks for my password and username...then just keeps on asking ...then the error message pops up.
 I am using windows firewall with absolutely no problems as of yet...until today that is.....I did do a manual check for email and once again it asks me for my user name and password...over and over...then I get the error message as stated below. I have checked my settings in properties and all are correct...as right now I am at loss here...everything seems like it should work without any problems...but obviously there is a problem..and it happened when I updated to the newest definition this morning 080406-0,06/04..because before then all was working. ???
 Thanks
Liz

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
Sorry I don't use the Windows 'Live' Mail OE's replacement).

Have you tried terminating the Internet Mail provider and try to send an email, does that get through or do you still get the error ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

littlebit1

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:47:30 PM »
I've been screwing around with this for about 2 hours off and on...I hate when things don't work the way they should... ::)   I just flipped over and accessed my mail and now I can at least get into my email.. which I couldn't even do before..I sent myself and email...no go...have not yet received it...but I did send one to my yahoo account...and I received it...so it appears the problem might be with my ISP. I guess I might have jumped to the conclusion that Avast! was causing the problem.
 Thanks for your help...hopefully I have it figured out!
 Liz

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »
Your welcome.