Author Topic: Internal error has occurred in module aswar scan function failed!, function C000  (Read 11743 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Is this message in logs or it only appears when you're running on-demand scannings?
The best things in life are free.

genergia

Hi,

I didn't have time yet to run scanning to check if this error appears in windows event viewer after or during scanning

At  the moment, I see this message " in windows event viewer just after PC reboot.

Reminder of message :

=> "Internal error has occurred in module aswar scan function failed!, function C0000005".

This morning (I am in france), I updated to VPS 080407-0 and i had rebooted my computer to check.

=> i have still the problem.

This evening I will make scanning of computer and check if error appears also.

When do you think this can be fixed ?

Thank you.

Bye.

2007i

Just saw it in the event viewer too:
Internal error has occurred in module aswar scan function failed!, function C0000005. 

Otherwise all seems fine :)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Same problem here.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline havildar

Good Morning All,

I`ve come by to see if there has been any update on this issue and to add a little information which may (or may not) or may not be helpful.

1. The error does is not listed during or after an on-demand scan (Avast! 4 on default settings).
2. Under "Application" in the Avast! log viewer I have 1564,1580,1584,1576,1572, a different error number for each time the pc has been started up since the version 4 update.
3. This pc is an HP Pavilion which came with two "logical drives": C in NTFS and D in FAT 32 where Windows is stored in a "locked" partition (no back-up disc supplied, only an invitation to make your own repair disc through the HP recovery program.)

I`m no expert and whether or not these things are relevant to this issue, I don`t know but I thought they might just have some bearing on the problem.
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

genergia

It seems that today the VPS will solve the issue :

See here the other topic of the forum :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34501.0

;)

Offline havildar

Found it, genergia, thank you. (Je l`ai trouvé)?
Windows XP Sp3 Home desktop, Windows 10 Pro laptop, Avast 17.8.2318 Free , Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free), SpywareBlaster. SuperAntispyware, WOT. Firefox Quantum.

genergia

;D

yes, "Je l'ai trouvé" is great french  ;)

Offline havildar

Thank goodness for that! I won`t write any more French in case I make a terrible mistake.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Please see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=34501.0
The fix is already on the way to your rigs. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

genergia

Ok,

i updated with VPS 080407-1, make one reboot, no more message in windows event viewer.
I make a scanning on demand, no message.
I reboot one time again, no message.

So, it seems to be solved from my side  ! Great  !  ;D

Thanks Vlk.  ;)

Offline N@URINE

yep, that's it, after the update 080407-1  no more error. the problem is now fixed.
thanks VLK
NourinE