Author Topic: antivirus off  (Read 1994 times)

gtodave

antivirus off
« on: April 06, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
my antivirus was turned off by a friend to download a move / now my computer says it has a virus i need to turn it back on but i can't what do i do to get it on i'm new 2 computers can some one give me the steps to take   (  help  )

onlysomeone

Re: antivirus off
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »
hi gtodave!

to switch on the avast! AV again just rightclick on the avast-icon in the tray and click on start on-access-scan (probably has an other name)

if that doesn't work it should start again after restarting the PC.

how do you know that you have a virus if you haven't got an activated antivirus???

i would recomend to run a boot-time-scan to find the viruses you are infected with...

yours
onlysomeone

gtodave

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
i did all that it don't come on. when i go into prog. it say firewall on/ something ells on/ virus protechter off. ????  what 2 do ???

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »
Double click on the avast icon in the system tray.

avast will tell you which providers are running.  It is possible your friend told avast to turn of the Standard Shield (the main protector) and keep it off.

Make sure at least to turn on the Standard Shield and if you are by avast whether to "persist the changes" say yes.

Check to make sure that you have the other providers you want turned on as well.

onlysomeone

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:05:35 AM »
Which antivirus-program are you using?