Author Topic: Computer freezes after the latest free Avast home update.  (Read 26544 times)

Govadina

Re: Computer freezes after the latest free Avast home update.
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 07:52:42 PM »
 :'(I tried everything listed here and all I could think of. And that’s a lot really; I literally spent a whole day trying to get it work on that account, yet nothing. So ill be just waiting for an update aimed to fix this.

P.S. I had Norton on my pc from the start, after it asked me to pay I picked Avast instead, when this problem appeared I used the Norton uninstall utility, since a couple of years ago I uninstalled Norton threw add/remove programs.

A former satisfied Avast user I am, used the program for about 4 years and now this…

*sigh*

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
I had Norton on my pc from the start, after it asked me to pay I picked Avast instead, when this problem appeared I used the Norton uninstall utility, since a couple of years ago I uninstalled Norton threw add/remove programs.
I'm quite sure the order of the uninstallation must be: 1st, Control Panel then 2nd, the tool and not the opposite.
The best things in life are free.

2007i

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 11:35:34 PM »
which OS are we talking about?

If XP perhaps you got SP3 RC installed? - then look no further. I had the same issue on a XP3 box and all was fine again after a clean XP installation.

Govadina

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »
I tried all orders it just wont work on that account.