Author Topic: Setup/Install question...  (Read 3680 times)

R1Andy

Setup/Install question...
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:37:27 PM »
Hello - I have ADNM installed on our SBS 2003 server and it seems to be working fine. I have added about 5 computers to it with the netclient install, but we already had 3 using avast!4 pro. I installed the server avast! first and ADNM afterwards.

I can't seem to find out how to make ADNM detect the server and the 3 other computers which already had avast!4 Pro. I have read the ADNM manual (maybe overlooked something), but I can't seem to find any data regarding these two questions:

1) Should I have installed ADNM first so it would deploy the server's avast! and recognize its existence?

2) Is there a way to have ADNM recognize the avast! Pro on the other 3 computers without having to uninstall/reinstall with netclient?

Thanks,
Andy

Kinder

Re: Setup/Install question...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »
Hi,

1 - Is the Avast! Server a netserver version ?

2 - No you will have to uninstall any pro version in order to use the netclient version.

R1Andy

Re: Setup/Install question...
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:36:14 PM »
OK, i have reinstalled all pc's with the netclient version and they all show up (green) in adnm. however, there is one computer not accepting updates. (i am still looking into this).

I installed the SBS suite version on the server. Is that incorrect? I don't see a netclient version to install on the server. Also, we are using ISA 2004 w/proxy client, so wouldn't I have to use the SBS suite version so that the scanner scans all incoming emails, etc???