Author Topic: Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!D  (Read 2832 times)

RjSteed

Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!D
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »
This is the virus I have/ Had... Im still unsure as to whether or not its there....

I had Avast! installed on my computer, and it didnt seem as though it was installed correctly. When I brought it up on this forum I was told that it was ok and would run propperly.

Well the other day, I was looking for information on pear trees and found a video about pear trees. I clicked to play the video, thinking to myself I shouldnt be opening this.

I still would have expected avast to protect me.. It sounded the ALarms, all the bells and whistles were going off. But there it was..... A couple hours later I began to get pop ups, and now two days later I have still had to fight this thing off....

Avast was useless to me. I started Downloading PC TOOLS programs, I had tried to find my Symentec CD for Norton 360, I tried to scan my computer through my network using norton...

When it all came down to it, Microsoft stepped in with out my calling them and I got about 12 updates which seemed to work, that is until this morning. I turned the computer on, the thing started freakgin out. Then out of no where again, microsoft sending me updates..... 3 installed Malware removal tool came up, and said it was the titled trojan....

So far everything seemd ok, I am not running PC Tools SPyware Doctor, Registry Cleaner and antivirus... While I dont feel safer with it, it at least dosnt tell me there are errors after a virus scan...

Problem I have now is how to get avast off of this computer.... I still have it on my laptop and will stick with it for a little while longer... But I am really not happy with you guys, you told me I was good.....If I could find the previous topic I will copy paste it here...

RjSteed

Re: Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!D
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
Here is my  previous topic....

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=32719.0

Spiritsongs

Re: Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!D
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »
 :)  Hi :

Since you are continuing having problems, I recommend you use "VundoFix"
 available from http://vundofix.atribune.org/ ; make sure you follow the
 "Normal Usage for Removal:" Instructions .