Author Topic: Help Please - How do I temporarily disable anti-virus on a managed machine?  (Read 18419 times)

ArmandD

I have the SBS suite and am using ADNM to manage everything.  How do I turn off (disable) the anti-virus software on an individual machine (temporarily) so that I can do a software install?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:23:18 PM by ArmandD »

bslorence

If you are logged into the client machine, right-click on the avast icon in the system tray and enter the password (which is configured in ADNM -- right-click "Computer Catalog", choose Properties, and select Service under "Policies: avast! Antivirus").

Then a context menu will appear and you can choose "Pause Provider" or "Stop Provider" to stop individual services (probably you only need to disable "Standard Shield"), or you can "Stop On-Access Protection" to completely disable Avast.

You can then use the same context menu to re-enable the provider or Avast in general, or just log out of the machine. The next machine a user logs in Avast will start up as normal.

ArmandD

When I right click on the avast icon in the system tray (on any of the client machines) there is no pop up menu...  no way to enter a password...

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

ArmandD

Thanks bslorence!  I figured it out based on your reply.

thanks again.