Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of upcoming avast update (now 4.8.1192)  (Read 190211 times)

cadremis

Thanks for the pre-release version, I have installed it in my computer without any problems and it is working good.

My question is, what will happen when the real version comes? will this real version remove the beta one?

I have used AVAST for almost a year and this is the only antivirus that have convinced me and I always recomend it to my friends in Mexico... they're all changing to AVAST since they have seen just like me that its protection is unique.

rm

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The auto update will deal with the conversion to the regular version or you can do a manual program update, right click the avast 'a' icon, select Updating, Program Update.

If you monitor the forums you will see here when the regular program update is available.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MiguelAngelXP

It's working fine for me, however I have disabled the rootkit scan at startup

Kindly regards
MiguelAngelXP  ;D

Sesame

Just for info but if you find a problem/s with start up rootkit scan, you can set the start time of it through the ini file.

MiguelAngelXP

Just for info but if you find a problem/s with start up rootkit scan, you can set the start time of it through the ini file.

Weird issue, I can't find that entry

As appear in the link you gave me

[AntiRootkit]      

WaitOnStart   120

So I will leave as it is by now, thanks a lot

Kindly Regards
MiguelAngelXP  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
And also answered.

Quote from: DavidR
A) don't have blank lines in the sections.
B) you need the = equals sign between the parameter name and the value, without spaces.

e.g.
[AntiRootkit]     
WaitOnStart=120
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ikilner

Hi, I am having major problems with a laptop and this release.

I used the AWClear to remove all residue and installed the full program from the link on the 1st page of this post. The program installs ok, but upon re-start it hangs after 15 to 20 seconds or so. I am unable to do anything, it completely locks.

I have tried booting into safe mode and disabling the self defence and root kit scan, but to no avail.

If I remove Avast completely it works fine.

It had been running 4.7 without any issue.

Please could you advise me on what further info you would like to resolve this?

Kind regards

Iain

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I used the AWClear to remove all residue and installed the full program from the link on the 1st page of this post.
First you should have used the Control Panel...

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Or use the latest beta:
Download the updater (http://files.avast.com/files/beta/aswbeta.exe) and run it or go here for more information.

MiguelAngelXP

Weird issue, I can't find that entry

As appear in the link you gave me

[AntiRootkit]      

WaitOnStart   120

So I will leave as it is by now, thanks a lot

Kindly Regards
MiguelAngelXP  ;D

Thanks for your concern, but for the time being I will leave the Scan rootkit at Startup disabled

Kindly regards
Miguel Angel  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks for your concern, but for the time being I will leave the Scan rootkit at Startup disabled
Why? Is it a problem?

ikilner

Hi Tech,

I have followed your instructions to the letter. (Again and again)

I get to put the login password in and as the startup items (MSCONFIG items) are running after about 30 seconds it hangs (Again)

If I boot to safe mode and disable Self Defence, Root Kit scan and Start Services after others it still hangs (Again!!)

If I stop the avast services and boot, it comes up everytime...

I have tried to persevere with 4.8 but I starting to lose confidence. This particular machine running XP had 4.7 installed originally, so it has been working with Avast on for a couple of months without issue. Nothing new has been installed.

We purchase/recommend a lot of Avast products for our clients and for this particular client we convinced them to move away from McAfee and they have 20 machines we have to install Avast later this month when their current AV contract expires....or maybe not.

The user of the this laptop has now been without his laptop for over a week, as he roams and doesn't want to use his laptop without an AV product running.

Is there a location I can get hold of 4.7 again until these issues are sorted?

Kind regards

Iain

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Please try to generate a memory dump at the moment the machine is frozen. The description how to do it is here.

Rick F

Iain,

If you want to get avast-4.7, you can download it from Filehippo.  You'll see a list of older versions in the green panel on the right.  Version 4.7.1098 is the first one listed there.

Hope this helps.

ikilner

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the pointer.

VLK  would love to be able to give you a memory dump, but the laptop has a cut down keybaord - so only one CTRL key.

I have made the changes and tried it, but no joy.

It is a Belinea s.book - but is running full XP SP2 - not a cut down version.

Kind regards

Iain