Author Topic: Scheuling runs during the night?  (Read 4400 times)

Stubby

Scheuling runs during the night?
« on: March 26, 2004, 12:57:20 AM »
How can I schedule AVAST! to check for program and database updates and the do a full scan during the night?  

zappafan

Re:Scheuling runs during the night?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 01:17:14 AM »
What version do you have?
I think this option only become in the Pro-version, correct me if Im wrong...

And some tips: try search this forum for questions, or why not start up the avast and then press F1?
Off what I could read in the help-files, scheduling in home-ver. could only be done during re-boot.

But if I buy Pro I can schedule the program like I want.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 01:17:41 AM by zappafan »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 02:22:58 AM »
How can I schedule AVAST! to check for program and database updates and the do a full scan during the night?  

Stubby, zappafan is fully correct. Scheduling is a feature of the Pro version.
You can use Windows Task for scheduling and the program ashQuick.exe but it won't be so easy. Why don't you try the Pro version?

You can use the avast! Screen Saver too...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Stubby

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
Why don't I buy the Pro version?  Because I'm out of work and can't afford it.   I was told "Avast! is free".  It is, but it like someone gave me a car with only three wheels and told me to buy a new one if I can't make it go.

Also, the free screen saver would wipe out a background that I like ("earthlights" from NASA).  But I'll accept money for advertising Avast!.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 07:19:28 PM »
Why don't I buy the Pro version?  Because I'm out of work and can't afford it.   I was told "Avast! is free".  It is, but it like someone gave me a car with only three wheels and told me to buy a new one if I can't make it go.

No, I do not agree...  :'(
Both versions of avast (free and paid) has the same capability of finding a virus. This is for free... Other features no. I think the company is being fare. Quite fare! I think avast! is the best free antivirus. Better, I think the free version is better than any other not-free!  8)
avast! car in your example has four wheels but not a radio or CD player... Oh, that's only my opinion.

Also, the free screen saver would wipe out a background that I like ("earthlights" from NASA).  But I'll accept money for advertising Avast!.

The avast! screen saver will work with a lot (almost all) screensaver available. You can configure it to 'lauch' yours, I mean, avast! will call your own screensaver and run a scanning while that.
The best things in life are free.